Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Here's what you need to know about API Mocha
What is API Mocha?
API Mocha is a web service which enables application developers and system integrators to create mock Application Programmable Interfaces (APIs) for testing and prototyping.
If you are asking questions like, 'How can I quickly setup a REST API to mock or simulate backend for free' then API Mocha is here to help. It's incredibly simple and quick to get started, and there is no sign up required! You can submit any type of data including XML or JSON, using HTTP methods like GET, POST, PATCH and DELETE.
Mock APIs are helpful during many scenarios, including:
- - Prototyping ideas for APIs which do not exist yet
- - Quickly changing the behavior/response/design of an API
- - Avoiding delay whilst waiting for an API to be developed by the back-end team
How does it work?
It's really simple and fast, here's what to do:
- 1. Go to the home page and create an endpoint with a name such as 'my cool project'
- 2. After you create an endpoint you'll be redirected to a page where you can view API requests
- 3. Send an API request to the endpoint and you'll see it magically appear on the page
- 4. Click the Edit button and define how you'd like API Mocha to respond to future requests with the same HTTP method and URL
- 5. Make another API request and you'll see the mocked response. Awesome right!
What are the restrictions?
- - Make up to 500 API requests in a rolling 24 hour period
- - Create as many API endpoints as you'd like
- - If an endpoint is unused for more than 30 days it may be deleted
- - Endpoint names must be between 4 and 25 characters long. Special characters are not allowed
Some text some message..